Grants and low interest loans for technology driven small businesses
CCOM GAP funding
Early prototyping funding for medical devices available to faculty and staff in Carver College of Medicine.
- Up to $60,000
- 1 year period
- Must be in Carver College of Medicine to qualify
- Not for companies
Small business innovation grants administered through national funding agencies
- Phase I projects, ~$225K
- Phase II projects, ~$1.5M - $2.0M
- SBIR-- PI >51% employed by company
- STTR-- Requires academic institution or national lab subaward
SBIR Support Program
Iowa Innovation Corporation provides access to SBIR consultants and matching funds for SBIR/STTR grants.
- $25,000 matching funds
- Must be an Iowa-based company
- Must register before application is submitted
Proof of Commercial Relevance
Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) funds to early stage companies to validate market potential.
- Up to $25,000 low interest loans
- Must be Iowa-based companies
- Require a 1:2 (private:public) match
Iowa Economic Development Authority funds for market-ready innovative technologies or products that have a clear potential for commercial viability.
- Up to $125,000 low interest loan
- Must be Iowa-based business
- 1:2 (private:public) match
Investment funds-- Local and Regional
Early stage funding primarily to companies in the Iowa Startup Accelerator.
Ames Seed Capital
Targets Iowa companies that are located in or have an impact on Story County, IA.
Invests in early stage growth companies, primarily software technologies.
Midwest-focused venture fund for ground-breaking technology companies.
Midwest-focused venture capital for early revenue companies.
Next Level Ventures
Iowa venture firm focused on growth stage companies with at least $1M in revenue.
Early stage (Seed and Round A) investments in healthcare and health IT, enterprise and SaaS, food and beverage, medical devices, and agtech.
Unitypoint Health Ventures
Financial and strategic investments in Digital Health, Medical Devices, Healthcare Technology Systems, and Healthcare Services.