IDx is developing a new generation of diagnostic tools that are designed to benefit the health care system's entire spectrum of stakeholders.
- For patients, IDx smart retinal imaging means high quality, close-to-home diagnostics available in their primary care office with both immediate results and reduced copays.
- For frontline providers, IDx smart retinal imaging means a more complete package of patient services, fewer specialist referrals, increased billing, and better doctor-patient relationships.
- For ophthalmologists, IDx smart retinal imaging means an increase in referrals of patients with treatable disease
- For internists and cardiologists, IDx smart retinal imaging means an increase in insight to patients' disease states
- For insurance companies, the government and other payors, IDx's smart retinal imaging means higher quality care that's more objective, reduced inter-physician variability at substantially lower cost, and improved physician productivity