There are several new and on-going funding opportunities for Iowa Startups from the Iowa Innovation Corporation. There are several programs and they can be confusing! Des Moines VentureNet has offered to help us navigate through the opportunities. The funds are: POCR, DEMO, PROPEL, and LAUNCH funding programs from other state sources. Contact Lee Groeschl or Paul Dymerski for more information.
All of the programs below have strict DEADLINES.
SBIR/STTR Outreach Program (to $25,000)
Officially called the "Small Business Innovation Research and Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR) Outreach Program." Includes:
- Matching Financial Assistance: $25,000 upon official notice of a Phase 1 award. (Must apply before Phase 1 submission).
- Pre-award Support: No-cost one hour review and discussion with a consultant on SBIR/STTR ideas.
- Proposal Technical Assistance: Provides 100% p[aid for third-party services directly related to preparing Phase I and II proposals.
- Refundable $1000.00 deposit required (returned upon receipt of proof of submittal).
- Phase I to Phase II Support: Consultant support for Phase I winners applying for Phase II that have never received a Phase II award.
For more information contact Jordan Hobfoll, statewide SBIR/STTR program coordinator: (515) 421-4038 or email@example.com
Proof of Commercial Relevance Program (to $25,000)
Financial assistance for innovative businesses that are pursuing proof of commercial relevance and marketability of a technology.
A low interest business loan up to $25,000. Each one dollar ($1) of requested funds must be matched by a minimum of fifty cents ($0.50) of private funds.
Innovation Extension Program
Technical and financial assistance to help identify common problems that prohibit growth in innovative businesses with 100 or fewer employees and to implement tested solutions for the problems.