The Office of the Vice President of Research and Economic Development (OVPR&ED) is proud to work with a growing, and diverse number of existing and new businesses. By working in concert with our family of programs we can help you gain an advantage in the competitive and challenging 21st century marketplace.
The University of Iowa has several programs and resources that businesses can use. These include:
- UIVentures -- Assistance and education for faculty, grads, and post-docs. Support from concept to Series A funding.
- JPEC-- Entrepreneurial development for students. The John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center will set you up with workshops and more.
UIVentures can offer:
- Assistance in finding technical and business expertise,
- Guidance on identifying qualified professionals to add to your workforce,
- Training and direction in entrepreneurship and emerging business practices,
- Insights into intellectual property issues,
- Access to world-class University resources such as our Center for Biocatalysis and Bioprocessing, the Center for Advanced Drug Development, Division of Pharmaceutical Service, the National Advanced Driving Simulator, the Center for Computer Aided Design, and the Core Facilities.
- Help navigating the University to find the domain experts and research partners that best fit your needs
- A place for you to grow at one of the University of Iowa incubators
- Connections with local and statewide Industry Trade Organizations, and state and federal commercial funding organizations